Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

It Is Written

Dear N      ,

It is my pleasure to respond to your submission of "The Anxiety of Reproduction in Classical Greek Political Theory" to the Journal of Universal Rejection.

It is getting hard to keep up with even a trickle of submissions here at JofUR.  It is sadly true that we're approaching the response-time of some other well-respected journals.  (It is a funny story--I once had a paper out for review for over two years before retracting it to submit elsewhere.)

It is probably all caused by the fact that I got a job.  It is causing me to have so little time that, for example, with your paper, I have decided to just consider the first two words:  "It is..."

It is very bad form to start a paper with "It is..."  It is the worst of beginnings!  It is grounds for immediate rejection.

It is rejected.

Best regards,
Caleb Emmons
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Universal Rejection

1 comment:

  1. Caleb,

    I want to send you an invitation to Bridges 2013 math-poetry reading, but I don't have your email address. Can you please email me at Sarah.Glaz@uconn.edu. Best, Sarah Glaz

    ReplyDelete