Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Whom Do I Reject?

Dear Dr. G        ,

Your pre-application enquiry is rejected because you wrote:

Hi. I was wondering who I might talk to about becoming an editor for your prestigious publication?


You should have written:

Hi. I was wondering whom I might talk to about becoming an editor for your prestigious publication?


Cheerio,
Caleb

--
Caleb Emmons, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Universal Rejection

1 comment:

  1. Wrong! You should have written the following:

    Hi. I was wondering [to ]whom I might talk( to) about becoming an editor for your prestigious publication[.](?)

    Please forgive the Talmudic/mathematical notation; this keyboard does not support standard English editing notation. What's in square brackets should be included; what's in round brackets excluded.

    ReplyDelete