Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No Bird Suits Needed

Photo by debaird
Dear Chris,

Thank you for submitting "Spread your Wings, Poet!" to the Journal of Universal Rejection.

I have found that my birthday suit works very well as a bird-suit.  As my almost-two-year-old son and I run through the house flapping our wings, it is fast enough for us, and the little stairs we jump down are high enough.  I reject all the rigamarole about the bird-suit, farm, tractor, zipper, suitcase, Massey-Ferguson flying-machine, Klaxon horn-switch, Sears Tower, parachute ... you get the picture. 

My son liked the tractor bit; your submission is rejected.

Best regards,
Caleb 
--
Caleb Emmons, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Universal Rejection

No comments:

Post a Comment