Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Merry Gentleman

Some follow-up correspondence to last Thursday's post:

Ah, a rejection that looks like it is in the same key. Thanks so much.

I have one question. I tried to put your rejection into a song (my catalog of songs is limited, I admit, as are my musical abilities), but none of them worked, including:

"Ain't no need to go no further,"
"I'm a Loser,"
"Viya Con Dios,"
"Mr. Blue,"
"Wrong about me,"
"Never say no"
and
"Dirty Robber."

Any suggetions? I need something to hum along with  while I repeat your rejection several times.


David A. Swanson, Professor
Department of Sociology
1223 Watkins Hall
University of California Riverside
Riverside, CA USA 92521



Dear Dr. Swanson:

The tune you are looking for is "The Gay Caballero".   Try singing your rejection along with this Frank Crumit version:



Sincerely,

Eric Chicken
Department of Statistics
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4330

No comments:

Post a Comment