Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Unsuccessful Attempt at a Humorous Blog Post

Dear Paul,

I am entitling your submission "The Unsuccessful Attempt to Follow Simple Directions."  Why that moniker for your resplendent work?  Because our submission guidelines clearly state "small files only, please."  And a 4MB Powerpoint can hardly be dubbed small.

As to the content of the ppt, I took the time to view it.  I have seen "The unsuccessful self-treatment of a case of 'Writer's block'," etc., before and gotten a hearty laugh from it.  This time, nothing.  Perhaps because I couldn't successfully repeat my previous experience (humor qualia).

I must let you know that your work is rejected.  If you should choose to resubmit a smaller file, I wouldn't hope for any great change in this status.

Best regards,
Caleb
--
Caleb Emmons, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Universal Rejection

No comments:

Post a Comment