Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roses are red.... Part Deux

Regarding yesterday's blog post, here is some follow-up from Naomi:

Dear Caleb,
Its not like I threw it in the dirt
Im a college student with just one shirt
I did not have toilet paper
Now my feelings are hurt


Dear Naomi,

Ok, thanks for clearing the air on that issue.  We are replacing the *'ed line from our last letter with:
"And your second poem too."

So it reads:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Your poem is rejected
And your second poem too

Best regards,
Caleb

---------------

Hi Naomi,

FYI, I posted this rejection letter on the blog today:
http://reprobatiocerta.blogspot.com/

I was wondering if you'd mind if I posted your reply on a later day?
Either way.

I hope you have found enough money for basic supplies.

Cheers,
Caleb

And I think we've made up:


That is fine. Your concern touches my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Jeez, Caleb.
    You give new meaning to the word "ruthless." This journal is certainly making a name for itself.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthless? I thought I was being nice... Thanks for the encouragement though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole new meaning to article writing there Caleb! You deserve kudos. I should now start thinking seriously about all those poems I thought were worth nothing! Now I know where they deserve to go! :D Keep up the good work of rejecting! It is damn interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, your biblical allusion ("Ruth-less" in response to Naomi?) is probably overly profound for this forum. You are therefore to be congratulated for a very good effort at possibly attaining meta-rejection by submitting a comment unsuitable even for publishing in Reptobatio C.

    As for me, I stand with Caleb in cheerfully expelling these philistines.

    ReplyDelete