Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Readers Reject I: The Results

Last week we asked readers to reject an abstract.  There were three responses: by Pretentious Illiterate, Anonymous and Anonymous.  The last comment mysteriously disappeared.  Although tempted, I cannot award the title of best rejection to that poster.  So the winner is (fanfare):

Pretentious Illiterate

The sentence which clenched the victory was "If so, then you are to be congratulated (as was Socrates by Meno) by being likened to a 'torpedo fish' which stuns its victims.Very pretentious!

I offer my hearty congratulations.  I hope you weren't expecting a prize, because we have no money.  Subscription, anyone?
 

2 comments:

  1. Pretentious IlliterateMarch 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

    Thanks; I'll accept an IOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to subscribe. Please send me an invoice and I shall (in keeping with the tradition), reject it. I am sure you shall understand :D

    ReplyDelete