Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Bad German

I decided to reply to Werner in German.  Unfortunately for him, my German is very bad.  To aid those (like myself) who don't really know German, I have had my wife (who is German) mark every mistake in my letter with an asterisk.  You'll notice that I totally nailed two sentences!  A translation is provided after the letter.

Sehr geehrter Werner,

Bitte verziehen* Sie mir mein sehr schlecht* deutsch*.  Wir danken Sie* fuer das* Artikel.  Ich habe es* nicht gelesen, weil meine* Wortshatz* nicht gross genug ist, um es* zu verstehen.  Ich habe keine Zeit, um ein Woerterbuch zu benutzen.  Dafuer muss ich Sie* sofort berichten dass wir Ihre* Artikel ins* Muell geworfen haben.  Es tut mir leid. 

Tschuess,
Caleb

 
Dear Werner,

Please excuse me for my very bad German.  We thank you for the article.  I have not read it because my vocabulary is not big enough to understand it.  I don't have time to use a dictionary.  Therefore I have to immediately report that we have thrown your article in the trash.  I'm sorry.

Bye,
 Caleb



3 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb,

    What is the latest impact factor of JUR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not just rename this journal "Journal of Universal Rejection Letters"? Then you have a journal which is still about universal rejection BUT you get to publish it! yeah.

    *mind blows*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I agree with May! :D :D

    ReplyDelete