Welcome

Rejection letters, correspondence, and miscellanea from the otherwise empty annals of the Journal of Universal Rejection.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rejection for All

Dear World,

In less than a month, you have sent me almost 300 submissions.  You have lent me an editorial board of the best and brightest.  You have clicked on my page, shared the link on Facebook, tweeted, written me poetry, interviewed me, and sent me a lot of random junk.  And what have I given back?  Rejection.  Pure rejection.  And so I would like to give back more.

More rejection, that is!  Here on this blog we shall post rejection letters for all to read.  For submitters to the JofUR, you need not worry, the rejectee's identity will be (mostly) concealed unless you give permission otherwise in your submission cover letter.

Best regards,
Caleb
--
Caleb Emmons, PhD
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Universal Rejection

2 comments:

  1. So now, ironically, people are competing to get rejected. Or, rather, to be accepted to be publicly rejected. Those who don't appear are doubly rejected... And what happens if you begin to receive too many submissions to officially reject? Silence. Triple rejection. Touche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make a FAQ rubrique to you journal, because it raises some questions that need to be adressed before one submits. The one I was thinking about, is about the right an author has to submit somewhere else an article, after it has been rejected by your journal...

    ReplyDelete